Who’s ready for Valentine’s Day? Charles and I don’t usually do much for Valentine’s Day, but this year we have plans to binge on Netflix and drink the fancy bottle of rose we brought home from Biltmore last summer. Exciting, right?
We usually shy away from gifts for each other for holidays, birthdays, and anniversaries because we always decide to do the “responsible thing” and pay off a credit card or buy something mundane for the house, like a carbon monoxide detector (true story). So instead of stuff, I thought it would be fun to give the gift of time together in the form of an unusual activity!
One of my favorite place to shop for unique gifts is Uncommon Goods. I’ve been a fan for years, mainly because of their mission to make sustainability a part of their entire business model. Uncommon Goods works with individual artists and small manufacturers to ensure that the items they sell are both socially and environmentally responsible.
If you’re looking for a fun gift that will bring you together this Valentine’s Day, check these out!
1. A Moscow Mule is definitely my favorite drink, so this ginger beer kit would definitely hit the spot. It even comes with copper mugs! Just add: vodka and lime juice.
2. I love sushi, but it can get pretty expensive when you’re eating out. Why not make some at home? For only $20 you can get everything you need to make your own sushi rolls right at home.
3. A kaleidoscope may sounds totally dorky and juvenile to you, but I married a total nerd. He’s had a lifelong subscription to Popular Science and often ends up pretty far down the rabbit hole, so I think this would be a hit.
4. In our household, we put hot sauce on everything. I just ran to the fridge and counted 6 different bottles, and that doesn’t even include our spice cabinet! Making our own hot sauce sounds really interesting…we just may need the ginger beer to cool off afterwards!
5. Making your own liquor sounds pretty cool, but getting to keep a cute little barrel is icing on the cake! I find the taste of rum disgusting, but I would definitely be on board for making some good ol’ Kentucky bourbon with this kit.
6. And last but not least, who doesn’t love cheese?! When it comes to cheese, I don’t discriminate. With this Italian cheese making kit, you can create 10 (yes, 10!!) different cheeses.
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day? What gifts will you be giving this year?
This post was sponsored by Uncommon Goods. All photos and opinions are my own.
Photo credits: Brett & Jessica